So, as you may have read on an earlier post, that I have been crazy busy making projects for 33 challenges over at SCS for this years Dare to Get Dirty Contest.
It's only done once a year, they post challenges for 7 days for a total of 33 challenges, and you have to be a Fan Club member to play. Now, you didn't have to complete 33. But, there was a chance for 12 participates who complete ALL the challenges to win prizes, so I had to give it a go. Let me tell you this really pushed me. And I'm not a big fan of sketches, so those were to hardest for me. I have already posted some of those projects, but there were a few more I wanted to share with you (and a couple I don't, teehee). So today is a parade of some of these projects. The contest ends July 31 and I'm hoping that I am a winner!
You were able to combine challenges and I posted 19 projects total.
This one was a color challenge. I have chosen to leave several of my cards without a sentiment on the front recently, so I can use them for whatever comes up.
I gathered tissue paper to create my ruffled border.
I actually had stamped a couple of these images out a while back and colored, but never complete on a card. Don't you just want to sit down and color sometime?? I have a pile of images that are colored and I just need to do something with them. So I was thrilled to finally use this one. This image is by Kraftin' Kimmie. There is another image with it that is so cute.
This one was for a "movie challenge". My daughter loves Audrey Hepburn and I had bought her this image a while back. So it was a perfect fit. Then I bagan googling quotes by her. This one worked out well I think.
Stamps : B-Line Designs (Audrey), SU (background stamp)
For this shaped card I used a template I downloaded from Bee-Crafty Downloads. Looked like a good idea when I down loaded it, but I turned it into a fiasco. After I figured out to enlarge and printed it, I decided that I didn't like the thickness of the lines so I decided to paper-piece it. But that meant that I had to draw the icing lines myself. But after all the frustration, I think the outcome is ok. I considered turning the cherry into a candle, but the practical side of me won out. The cherry fits in an envelope. BTW, I like alot of her templates, but just be aware that they are adobe files. So it was a little tricky for me to figure out how to copy and paste it into a word doc so I could resize it. If I had know, I wouldn't have went with this one.
Stay tuned for a blog candy announcement coming August 1st!